About Us › Forums › General Discussion › General Banter › Delicious avocado pasta recipe! (with pictures!)
- This topic is empty.
April 24, 2014 at 09:44 #1480AnonymousInactive
I promised to post this quite a while ago, as we seem to have quite a few avocado lovers. I even made a photobucket profile so I can make this post all pretty. The recipe was made by a finnish couple (who seem to be getting divorced now.. too many cooks in the kitchen I guess..) and everyone just went nuts with it. Many markets ran out of avocados during the first weeks. Oh, and it’s also easy. Just do exactly as I say and you will succeed! ;D
This recipe is for 4 persons. I always split the ingredients in half and make this two days in a row as there’s only two of us to eat it all.
1 clove of garlic
half a red chili
2 ripe avocados
0,5 dl olive oil
handful of fresh basil
handful of fresh fresh parsley
80g (1dl) grated parmesan cheese
80g (1dl) grated pecorino cheese
Some salt and black pepper
You can make the sauce into the same bowl you’re going to serve it in. Iwish my bowl was prettier… I usually like to use more than half chili because I like it to have some kick,
but I suggest you start with a half and add more after you’ve finished the sauce if you think it needs more.
1. Remove the seeds from the chili, and chop it into fine pieces. Chop the garlic into fine pieces.
2. Put the chili and garlic into the bowl and squeeze the juice of the lime on them (all of it!)
3. Split the avocados and make cuts into the flesh while it’s still in it’s shell. It’s prettier and easier to get out this way. Like this:
4. Use a spoon to scoop it all into the bowl.
5. Chop the basil and parsley into fine stuff and add it all into the bowl.
6. Grate the pecorino and parmesan cheese and add into the bowl.
7. Pour the olive oil into the bowl.
8. Mix it all!
9. Slowly add salt and pepper. Keep tasting and then putting some more until you’re happy with it. Too much salt will make the food taste very tiring,
while too little salt will make it taste bland. At this point you can add more chili too if you want. After you’re done, mix it all again.
10. Boil the spaghetti. To make it tastier, add some salt into the water. The books says al dente, whatever that means. When you’re done, take
some of the boiled water in a cup before you pour it out.
11. Add the boiled pasta into the bowl.
12. Mix it all again. Add some of the pasta water you saved earlier in it if it’s too stickly.
13. Serve it with some bread! I like olive bread, goes wonderfully with it.
14. If you have leftover parmesan you can sprinkle some extra on your plate to make it look cooler. Maybe add a pinch of black pepper on it too to make it look nicer. Consume!
Team hubby loves this food so much I have to make it almost every week! I don’t mind it, it’s rather fun to make. Makes sure he comes home too. ;DApril 24, 2014 at 09:47 #2680AnonymousInactive
OMG My girlfriend is going to love you guys so much, she cant play too much yet but I am going to get her on the forums!April 24, 2014 at 09:51 #2681AnonymousInactive
*droooooooool*April 24, 2014 at 09:59 #2682
Well that is tea sorted, think I will serve it as a side with my husband’s Steak tonight for tea. I’ll have it as my main of course. yum!April 24, 2014 at 10:29 #2683
Looks really delicious 🙂
Al dente means that they should have a little bite in them, so generally cook them a minute or two less than what’s on the package.April 24, 2014 at 14:57 #2684
Nice one Tani looks delicious. Will defo be making that.
Love my pasta al dente.
I always keep back some of the water when cooking pasta and add it to any sauce. It’s good salty and starchy water that helps any sauce move round the pasta.
/thumbsupApril 24, 2014 at 18:48 #2685
Yummy! Guess what I am eating….. it is amazing.April 24, 2014 at 18:58 #2686
I am not impressedApril 25, 2014 at 05:49 #2687
I am not impressed
That’s just because there is no feta in it. Fecking greeks……April 25, 2014 at 10:05 #2688AnonymousInactive
..Lol at Dav xD Or maybe it’s because it doesn’t have meat or pulled cat in it.
One you try this folks, let me know how it went, and if you’ll be making it again!April 25, 2014 at 10:06 #2689AnonymousInactive
Ah and Noe, that was quick! I’m so happy you like it 😀April 25, 2014 at 10:13 #2690
We’ll have to try this. Avocado is good for cholesterol apparently and I got told off by the Nurse the other day… again.April 25, 2014 at 10:15 #2691
We’ll have to try this. Avocado is good for cholesterol apparently and I got told off by the Nurse the other day… again.
Mother natures finest
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.