About Us Forums RIFT RIFT General Discussion Jae Off For A Bit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

@NoeNoa wrote:

@Jaedia wrote:

I’ll be back!

Is this a threat or a promise?

Bit of both? 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tiny update. Those in the shoutbox know my plight but hey ho xD

BT are faffing about on their end and we’re still without internet. It should have been up 6pm on the 8th but here we are on the 10th with not much more than a “there’s a fault on the line”, a shrug, and an uninspired apology. Some guy who can barely speak English talking about sending us another phone or some rubbish when we know this one works fine (Dan checked it at his dad’s).. it’s a bit of a joke really but as such, no idea when we’ll be back at this point. HOPING soon because I needs my online buddies!!

Hopefully they’ll get their fingers out of their arses soon and I can stop going a little crazy and developing an addiction to Pointless and Come Dine With Me. 🙄

edadmin
    Keymaster

Hang in the Jae

Anonymous
    Inactive

Can’t be much longer! *fingers crossed*

Anonymous
    Inactive

Definitely a problem on the line which will cost us money we don’t have to get fixed. But switching would cost us the cost of a new half-decent router and MORE kerfuffle…

So will be a few more days yet.

edadmin
    Keymaster

Shit

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Davhek wrote:

Shit

Yeah, pretty much.. on the brightside, I finally started reading the Wizard of Oz collection on my Kindle.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So we had the engineer round – good old Mancunian bloke – and the last engineers drilled a bloody screw through our wire. What knobs! xD Soo… touch wood.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Jaedia wrote:

So we had the engineer round – good old Mancunian bloke – and the last engineers drilled a bloody screw through our wire. What knobs! xD Soo… touch wood.

Yikes! Hope it work!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah they haven’t connected us yet.. will be back Monday some time. I guess that works out okay – off to Cardiff over the weekend, staying there Sunday night, so I won’t be pining while away if there’s nothing to pine for. 😉 So hopefully see you guys Monday/Tuesday and I’ll get the GW2 guild set up then, also. *cheer*

edadmin
    Keymaster

So basically they are full of shit and they were meant from the start to connect you on the 19th as you said :|. Fooking telephone comps

edadmin
    Keymaster

Jae who 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Davhek wrote:

So basically they are full of shit and they were meant from the start to connect you on the 19th as you said :|. Fooking telephone comps

Pretty much! Except that there WAS a fault on the line because some idiot engineer stuck a nail through it, thus it wouldn’t have connected on the 19th anyway without all this. At least now I can talk to my dad again with the phone line set up.

edadmin
    Keymaster

Nightmare. When Makk and I were house shopping the internet provider and available speeds were the first thing he checked. We didn’t bother looking at a house that did not meet his standards. AND NOW hearing this, I am so glad.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@NoeNoa wrote:

Nightmare. When Makk and I were house shopping the internet provider and available speeds were the first thing he checked. We didn’t bother looking at a house that did not meet his standards. AND NOW hearing this, I am so glad.

I’ll have to remember this when I move, though I am further restricted by the fact I have a dog (I rent by the way). My current place cannot get TV signal unless I have Sky or similar which is frustrating as I can’t afford to pay for those. Still, ororo.tv is a life saver when I want to watch TV haha!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.