Rift application

A public forum for guests and non-members.
Eldergleam

Rift application

Post by Eldergleam » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:32 am

Hello all, my name is Eldergleam, although I'm pretty sure that you already guessed that. So a little about me, well I'm a Libra and I like long walks on the beach.
Seriously though I really do like long walks on the beach, just not when its raining, its a nightmare to put socks on when your feet are covered with wet sand :?

I'm a long time gamer with over 25 years gaming experience, not sure if the first few years really counts as it was on a Sinclair! But still, lots of experience with different games both big and small.

Sorry to ruin your fun but I won't be disclosing my age at this time, but its very safe to say that I'm well and truly over 18.

I spent a lot of years playing Eve Online, I was a member of many factions over the years including CFC, crazy bastards through and through but always good for a laugh. I also spent a few years playing WoW back during the burning crusade, before they ruined the game.
I'm also not new to rift, I got about half way through the t2 content before I stopped playing before, mostly due to guild inactivity and a merger that just didn't do want it said on the tin.
I don't only play mmorpgs though, I am also a big fan of survival games both single player and online, dayz before the stand alone stole many hours of my life, I joined a professional military gamer group for a while. Their training is beyond hardcore.
I've also played many b list titles like the Forrest, 7 days to die and to my ever lasting regret I actually spent money on warz.

When I play mmorogs I usually go for a supporting role, my previous main was a life mage, also the guild primary healer. I ran as raid leader for a while and while I could get the job done, I didn't really enjoy it. I'm not much of a front lines fighter, while I can tough it out in melee I prefer a bit of range, one of my all time favorite builds is a tempest/riftblade/warlord warrior, I don't know how it will stack up now with all the changes but even when not fully raid geared I could consistently get in the top 3 DPS.
I have most of the old crafting professions leveled, not sure what's new yet though.

So onto the nittygritty then, I actually heard about you guys back when I was in my old raiding guild, I went on a few of your achievement runs through old raids so when I saw your recruitment ad on the rift forum I said to myself, why not.
As for what I want from a guild, while I still have my 4 lv60 toons, I want a fresh start, I want to make a new toon from scratch especially since how rusty I am with the game.
So what I'm looking for is initially a purely social guild while I level, then hopefully a raid/social guild once I'm ready to get back into endgame content.

P.s. I hope you don't mind my informal take on your application process, I can be serious and focused when I need to be, but I rarely enjoy it :roll:
Characters:
Rift: ElderGleam - Warrior
Rift: Razielzian - Mage
Rift: Calestine - Cleric

Star Citizen: ElderGleam

Yarissa

Re: Rift application

Post by Yarissa » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:36 pm

Welcome to the guild and wider community.
Yarissa (et al) and Darth Hassira in SWTOR
@Yarissa in ESO
Yarissa in SWL
Yarissa in Rift

Ask me for a guild invitation in any of these games :D

N33t

Post by N33t » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:41 pm

Hello and welcome to ED!

I'll keep a lookout for you in-game and send an invite your way. However, I tried searching for you but couldn't find anyone by the name of "Eldergleam". Do you have another character or did you make a spelling mistake?

You should know, however, that activity is not at its highest level currently. As we are currently waiting for some actual end-game content, some of our players are currently on hiatus. But the ones that are here will gladly chat :)
Kerbi (High Elf Cleric - Mainly Tank, secondary Healer, tertiary DPS)
Kerberine (High Elf Warrior - Mainly DPS, secondary Tank)
Co-guild leader

Eldergleam

Post by Eldergleam » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Haaaah!

Damn, yes I made a typo, but not here, I made it on my character *le sigh*.

Ohh well, I messed up the souls for that toon anyway, plus its still very low level so no real loss to remake it.
Would you suggest defiant or guardian?

*Edit*

I remade the toon, defiant human, name: Eldergleam

Sorry about that
Characters:

Malbec
Adjudicator

Post by Malbec » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:09 am

Welcome to ED.

There are members playing in SWToR, TSW and GW2 as well if any of them take your fancy.

We also chat away in a text or voice program called Discord. Highly recommend using it :)

Toonage
Malbec-Sonvida - ESO Officer
Malbec-Donapaula - Alt ESO Officer
Jacqques - Rift Guild Leader
Malbec - SWL Cabal Leader

Eldergleam

Post by Eldergleam » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi Mal, thanks for the welcome, I dont actually play any of those games, but no worries there.
I have installed the chat client and joined the group, I'm just waiting for my new headset to arrive now (I somehow managed to stand on my last one). It should be here today or tomorrow :)

*edit*
Well that's mostly true, I used to play GW2 back when it first came out, never could really get into it though...
Characters:

Yarissa

Post by Yarissa » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:06 pm

:cry: :cry: 8-)

What a pity
Yarissa (et al) and Darth Hassira in SWTOR
@Yarissa in ESO
Yarissa in SWL
Yarissa in Rift

Ask me for a guild invitation in any of these games :D

Eldergleam

Post by Eldergleam » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:51 pm

I know what you mean, its a good game with plenty to keep you interested.
But for some reason I just never clicked with it.
Characters: