ESO Application

A public forum for guests and non-members.
Keires

ESO Application

Post by Keires » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:22 am

1. What game you are applying for and what is your main character’s name?

I am applying for ESO; my UserID: Keires, my character name: Aizra.

2. Please tell us how you came to apply for Eternal-Dawn.

I came across the forum post while reading through the ESO forums.

3. What are you looking for in a guild and what can a guild expect from you?

I'm looking for a community; a collection of friendly and laid back people who communicate and just want to have fun. Casual gaming is more my style, even though I can be super competitive, and I want to find a guild who is also mainly casual players so I don't feel too pressured into taking the game overly serious.
As I said, I'm a casual player, I like to take my time with a game and explore quest lines, environment, etc. Plus, I get distracted easily so it's not uncommon for me to start a quest and get distracted by a butterfly I want to harvest or a mudcrab that ventured too close to me.
I am a friendly person who only wishes to have fun and make friends in one of my new favourite games.

4. What activities do you like doing in-game?

I only bought the game a few days ago, so I've not achieved much in the game (currently level 7). But when I first started playing the first thing I did was collect every single item I came across only to have my bag full up after one hour of gameplay. Since most of those items were crafting items I threw them away, but the Skyrim hoarder inside me is still struggling with the limited storage. Besides that, I go around doing odd quests (still haven't left the first island) because I like to thoroughly explore and complete any and all possible side quests. I would do crafting but I'm really lazy when it comes to those things. I'm also mainly a PvE player because I'm not serious enough for PvP, unless I'm in a competitive mood I guess.

5. It’s always interesting to know previous game experiences.

My online gaming experiences are somewhat limited as I would get bored pretty quickly when I could never find a close-knit, communication centred guild. I've played WoW for a year or two, LoL for 5 months before raging one too many times at idiotic teammates, Aion and Tera on and off for a few years. I also played Minecraft when I was much younger if that counts too?
My Steam library has over a hundred games that I play offline, but the few favourites I have are Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout NV, Fallout 4, Dishonoured, Doom... and probably twenty others.

6. Delight the community with a brief introduction of yourself.

I struggle with 'brief introductions', but I can try.
I am a 20 y/o socially awkward female from England. I'm currently studying online an Accountancy course/degree thing. When I'm avoiding my studies I'm usually playing games or oblivious to the world while I read a book. I know many girls my age are out with friends late at night partying, or at least that's what my IRL friends tell me I should be doing, but I like my bed too much and my computer needs me otherwise it gets sad and lonely. I'm more interested in online friends because of the common ground I seem to share with them more so than I do my IRL friends. I can be overly competitive and a bit of an oddball, but just because I like to explore the Skyrim world constantly sneaking as my Khajiit character playing the song "Khajiit Like To Sneak" doesn't mean I'm odd. I usually play during the day, as I am home practically 24/7, but occasionally I may hop on at night depending on my mood and plans. I should also mention I'm pretty shy at first but that changes quickly when I get more comfortable around new people.

7. Can you confirm you are over the age of 18 please?

Pretty sure I am. Yeah I'm definitely at least 18, possibly older.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application, hopefully I'll speak to you all soon! ^w^

Malbec
Adjudicator

Re: ESO Application

Post by Malbec » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:36 am

Keires wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:22 am
I'm looking for a community; a collection of friendly and laid back people who communicate and just want to have fun. Casual gaming is more my style, even though I can be super competitive, and I want to find a guild who is also mainly casual players so I don't feel too pressured into taking the game overly serious.
That is us right here in ED 😀

Keires wrote:
As I said, I'm a casual player, I like to take my time with a game and explore quest lines, environment, etc. Plus, I get distracted easily so it's not uncommon for me to start a quest and get distracted by a butterfly I want to harvest or a mudcrab that ventured too close to me.
That is me in ESO 🙂 🙃 🙂

Welcome and thanks for your lovely app.

I am very confident you will enjoy it here as your description about you pretty much is what ED is all about.

I highly suggest you get Discord installed and pop in, its just a bigger Guild chat that spans across our Community games, you can be as shy as anything in there and read the rubbish we type or join in. Its also a good place to get one of us for a game invite.

There is a thread in here about Discord 😀

Mal 🍷

Toonage
Malbec-Sonvida - ESO Officer
Malbec-Donapaula - Alt ESO Officer
Jacqques - Rift Guild Leader
Malbec - SWL Cabal Leader

Keires

Post by Keires » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:35 am

Ah thank you so much!
I'm actually looking at it right now and I've popped into it...I think. And I have noooo idea how to use it.
It says I don't have permission to use text chat and I don't hear anything going on anyway.
I'm thankful it's not Vent but I'm annoyed at myself for not having a clue how to work Discord.

Malbec
Adjudicator

Post by Malbec » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:37 am

You have member permissions now 😉

Toonage
Malbec-Sonvida - ESO Officer
Malbec-Donapaula - Alt ESO Officer
Jacqques - Rift Guild Leader
Malbec - SWL Cabal Leader

Alaysa

Post by Alaysa » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi and welcome! \n_n/ Hope you settled in well. I'm sure you'll get the hang out of Discord soon enough too!

Hope you have a great time with the game and our community.

jana4u

Post by jana4u » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:47 am

Welcome to ED!
Keires wrote:
When I'm avoiding my studies I'm usually playing games or oblivious to the world while I read a book. I know many girls my age are out with friends late at night partying, or at least that's what my IRL friends tell me I should be doing, but I like my bed too much and my computer needs me otherwise it gets sad and lonely. I'm more interested in online friends because of the common ground I seem to share with them more so than I do my IRL friends.
that sounds exactly like me during my studies. 😂
RIFT: Procrastine, SW:TOR: Caspie, The Secret World: Rozinka
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jana4u
Web: http://www.jana4u.net/