ESO Application

A public forum for guests and non-members.
FireFerret

ESO Application

Post by FireFerret » Sat May 06, 2017 2:39 pm

1. What game you are applying for and what is your main character’s name?

The thread title might've hinted at it, but I'm applying for ESO, with my character being called Dandelon.
I don't remember when I got the game but I'm extremely casual - over the last few months I've only played maybe... 10 hours or so? I'm taking it easy, just exploring, taking in the scenery, and experiencing all the stories. Right now when writing this, I'm level 9.

2. Please tell us how you came to apply for Eternal-Dawn.

I found it when taking a gander at the official ESO forums. Between the few guilds I checked there, this one seems to be the most in line with what I'm interested in.

3. What are you looking for in a guild and what can a guild expect from you?

While I'm happy just soloing the story content and doing it at my own pace (treating it more like a singleplayer game than an MMO so far), I still think it'd be nice to have people to talk to in the game, maybe do some group content with together sometimes or just to hang out in general. ESO is very atmospheric and "cosy" in a way, and I can take joy out of the most simple things like sitting on a ledge and chatting while staring at the sunset, for example. My goal isn't to be the best or to make quick progress, all I want is to have a good time with friendly people.

4. What acitivites do you like doing ingame?

I've only done quests and explored so far, with a first brief foray into crafting (though I rarely spend much time crafting in any game). So I can't speak for the game's other activities. But, I'm open to pretty much anything, including the kinds of things I mentioned above.

5. It’s always interesting to know previous game experiences.

Many, many, many things. Though if I can stick to online games for this question, I can say that I've played and/or tried a handful of MMOs over time. The ones that held my attention the most (and still sometimes do, though I don't play anything religiously anymore) are/were WoW and GW2. I also play other online games, like the occasional bit of Overwatch, among other things. I'm not really a fan of the moba genre, but I can have fun with a bit of Heroes of the Storm every once in a while.

6. Delight the community with a brief introduction of yourself.

These are always the hardest part, huh? I'm a 24-y.o. guy from Belgium who's still looking to figure out how he wants to live his life. I have a fulltime job I strongly dislike, but at least it lets me save up and look towards a brighter future.

Overall I'm a generally calm, patient, friendly person, kind of introvert and awkward IRL most of the time, but I do enjoy socializing and can be fairly talkative in online chats. I'm a very empathic person, sometimes to a fault, and care a lot about people being happy - at least if they're not complete ******** to others. I can retaliate easily if someone I care about is on the receiving end of such a thing. Not that it matters in this group - I'm confident that you all are great folks. 😀 I've just had bad experiences in the past.

I also just started playing the piano, if it matters. I'm also very imaginative person who likes the idea of writing stories, though I haven't made any real efforts yet towards it.

7. Can you confirm you are over the age of 18 please?

I just asked my magic 8-ball. It said "Outlook good"!
(see the previous question)

Thanks for reading!

Yarissa

Re: ESO Application

Post by Yarissa » Sat May 06, 2017 5:12 pm

Welcome, you should have an invite waiting for you when you next log in. We are a friendly bunch so I hope you enjoy chatting with us, inbetween enjoying the story content of course.
Yarissa (et al) and Darth Hassira in SWTOR
@Yarissa in ESO
Yarissa in SWL
Yarissa in Rift

Ask me for a guild invitation in any of these games :D

Malbec
Adjudicator

Re: ESO Application

Post by Malbec » Mon May 08, 2017 8:49 am

Hi, thanks for your app.

I think you will enjoy ED 🙂

See you in game.