Rift/ESO Application

A public forum for guests and non-members.
Annamika

Rift/ESO Application

Post by Annamika » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:14 pm

Hello everyone,

I put both games in the subject as I play both right now, among dabbling in many others. I hope it's ok, if not, please let me
know and I will do something different!

1. What game you are applying for and what is your main character’s name?

Rift-my main is a Cleric named Iljada, Greybriar (willing to transfer), level 62, prefer to heal in group content.
ESO-@mrsdigithead-have a few characters here as well, mainly play a Magplar build with a heal bar secondary.

2. Please tell us how you came to apply for Eternal-Dawn.

Been away from Rift for awhile and haven't really played any one single game seriously for some time. Rift and ESO are the
two games I switch between lately. I miss having a community of other casual adults that have "adulting" responsibilities
outside of games. The biggest thing I am missing in my gaming experience is a nice group of people to share it with. I like
the idea that your members play several different games.

3. What are you looking for in a guild and what can a guild expect from you?

People to build relationships with, enjoy casual group content, social community, etc. I always like trying new games and
would love to try some others that your members are active in. I am always willing to help new players and answer any
questions I can, participate in group events and activities and just be an easy going "class clown". I look for drama free
groups, as I have enough drama in my day to day life between work, husband and kids, so I want to relax and make new
friends to enjoy gaming with.

4. What activities do you like doing in-game?

PvE, casual group content (dungeons, delves, IAs etc)
At max level, I do enjoy casual raiding, which to me means a couple nights a week, the goal being to put in our best effort to
see some of the content and have a good time. If I participate in raid content, I work to
grind my needed gear, gems, enchants, etc and am always prepared with consumables.
I don't do a lot of PvP but would participate in group PvP with guildies.

5. It’s always interesting to know previous game experiences.

Was a long time WoW player, from release through WoD... played a short time after Legion was released, but became bored
and unhappy with the rush to end-game and watered down talent customization. I belonged to a couple great guilds during
my WoW years, one in particular I miss dearly, I think that "loss" has had some effect on my desire to game. So, I come
seeking a new gaming family.
Rift (Raid content through SL), ESO, Wildstar, LoTRO, Neverwinter, Path of Exile, Secret World/Legends, FFXIV, EQ2
Dabble in single player games as well, RPG's, platformers mainly

6. Delight the community with a brief introduction of yourself.

I shall =) I am a 37 yo female, mom to 2 kids (11 and 13), wife to great hubby. I work full time for a local county
government as an IT buyer/contract manager. Grew up gaming with Nintendo, got my first PC and King's Quest at 14 and
never looked back.
I have a dog and a cat, love to relax with adult beverages, also spend some free time doing art (junk journals, art journaling
and mixed media).

7. Can you confirm you are over the age of 18 please?
Yes, I can! I was born on September 11, 1979.
"Do not hate humans. If you cannot live with them, then at least do them no harm. For theirs is already a hard lot."

Malbec
Adjudicator

Re: Rift/ESO Application

Post by Malbec » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:15 am

Hi there and thanks for your app.

You sound perfect for ED 😀

We are very very quiet in Rift at the moment as many members were not happy with the direction the game was taken by Trion and that it lacked end game content. So a few members migrated over to other games such as ESO, SWToR etc which are our Community games.

You are more than welcome to join Rift though but i thought I would be honest with you first.

You are more than welcome to join ESO and if you are lucky and around tonight there is a World Boss event happening tonight, so I will make sure an officer looks out for you, if you can make it of course.

Some of the Community have set up in Secret World Legend which is free to play so if you fancy spooky stuff and conspiracy theories then its a very good game to play.

We have a Discord server where we hang out more which kind of makes the forum look dead but the Community is very active in there. You dont have to use voice coms but you can type away with all sorts of gaming questions or just general chit chat.

If you fancy that just click the Join Server button on our home page and it will take you to our Application page. just say hi in there and we can sort your permissions out so you see more chat channels.

See you in game soon

Mal 🍷

Toonage
Malbec-Sonvida - ESO Officer
Malbec-Donapaula - Alt ESO Officer
Jacqques - Rift Guild Leader
Malbec - SWL Cabal Leader

Yarissa

Post by Yarissa » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:30 am

Welcome
I wasn't sure from your application - which as Malbec says sounds just like us - where you are from but was guessing the USA. For your information we are primarily European so our prime gaming times when people are about is from about 5:00 pm GMT to about 11:00 GMT. I hope that suits your playtime, although we do have some US members too.
Look forward to seeing you in game.
Yarissa (et al) and Darth Hassira in SWTOR
@Yarissa in ESO
Yarissa in SWL
Yarissa in Rift

Ask me for a guild invitation in any of these games :D

Annamika

Post by Annamika » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:22 pm

Thank you both for the replies! We will probably be able to catch each other on weekends for sure. I am from the US, so while
it is "evening" there, I am at work here =)
I do only work 4 days per week, so Mondays will be good for playtime too. I was on ESO last night, which is obviously not your "night". I hope to meet up soon, and I should be able to participate in discord banter throughout the day if I am not too busy at work. I have and love TSW Legends, so I'd be happy to hang out there when people are playing.

See ya soon!
"Do not hate humans. If you cannot live with them, then at least do them no harm. For theirs is already a hard lot."

MiguelGri

Post by MiguelGri » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:20 am

Before I apply, are you guys active in Rift? Thanks.

Malbec
Adjudicator

Post by Malbec » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:48 pm

Our ED adventure in Rift has reduced significantly.

Some people still play it but on a very casual basis and there would be times when you are the only one online.

Our Main games are ESO, and SWToR and a few dabble in GW2 and SWL

Mal 🍷

Toonage
Malbec-Sonvida - ESO Officer
Malbec-Donapaula - Alt ESO Officer
Jacqques - Rift Guild Leader
Malbec - SWL Cabal Leader