ESO Application

A public forum for guests and non-members.
Umbrik

ESO Application

Post by Umbrik » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:04 am

1. What game you are applying for and what is your main character’s name?
ESO - Corrillon Stormbinder (I'll let you take a guess as to the toon's race and class :))

2. Please tell us how you came to apply for Eternal-Dawn.
Searched extensively for a guild on the ESO forums and you guys stood out from the crowd.

3. What are you looking for in a guild and what can a guild expect from you?
I am looking for a friendly community of people, with whom I can learn, grow with, and have fun together in ESO. I started playing the game only recently, and I want to take my time exploring the world, experimenting with different builds, and learning about the game mechanics together with like-minded players both in-character and out-of-character. After I did my first dungeon, even though it was quite easy and wipe-free, I was quite disappointed that everyone was in a hurry, ignoring the lore and exploration aspects of the experience. There was also no communication at all - it felt like I was "questing" with NPCs. I am looking for people with whom I can both have that sense of wonder when entering a dungeon for the first time, and be able to do more challenging content when we feel like it.

I can't promise regular everyday appearance, since I am quite busy. Nevertheless, whenever I make a commitment, I keep it 100%. I am also open to suggestions of how to contribute to the guild, in terms of crafting, helping new players (well, newer than me :)), participating in events, and sharing loot, as long as these match my characters' backgrounds (e.g. my sorc won't be going anywhere near hammers and anvils, but he does have an affinity to potion making).

4. What acitivites do you like doing ingame?
Honestly, I am open to anything, as long as I am able to go on with my own pace. I like both PVE and PVP, and I am not afraid to RP either. I am definitely liking the ESO crafting system as well. To me, the perfect MMO experience would combine all of these aspects together into a seamless adventure.

5. It’s always interesting to know previous game experiences.
The majority of my gaming past is filled with single player RPGs (including the last 3 TES games) and strategy titles, with the occasional multiplayer session when applicable. Several years ago, when I was in uni, I tried WoW, but was afraid it might harm my studies, and thus I quit. Last year I played SWTOR extensively and loved it, but never reached the very end game, since I was disappointed in the new system. I recently bought a new rig, and I am loving ESO thus far.

6. Delight the community with a brief introduction of yourself.
I am a 29-year-old male from Bulgaria. I work in an NGO that strives to develop the digital and media literacy of Bulgarian children, and I love my job. I did my studies in The Netherlands, and I studied one semester in Madrid. I love traveling. My number one hobby is gaming, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. My favorite book is Ken Keseys' "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest", and my favourite movie is "... And Justice For All" (Al Pacino's best performance IMO). I also like spontaneous outdoor adventures with my friends.

7. Can you confirm you are over the age of 18 please?
Oh, I am turning 300 this Hearthfire, so I am still quite young for an Altmer... I hope that's ok. ;)

Malbec
Adjudicator

Re: ESO Application

Post by Malbec » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:29 am

Hi and welcome. Thanks for your app.

You will fit right in. If you want to explore dungeons then just let people know as some rush through and some do not mind to explore with you. I prefer the latter but also just get on with it if its a quick run through.

Someone will look out for you in game later today, normally in the evenings as most officers are working.

Look forward to meeting you. I have been out the game for a while as we have had sunshine and I have just returned from a break and looking forward to returning soon.

Mal 🍷

Toonage
Malbec-Sonvida - ESO Officer
Malbec-Donapaula - Alt ESO Officer
Jacqques - Rift Guild Leader
Malbec - SWL Cabal Leader

Yarissa

Post by Yarissa » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:58 am

Welcome as you sound just like ED type of people :)
As Mal say, just say if you are doing a guild dungeon for the first time and want to listen/do the story etc and there are a few of us who are always looking in bookcases and barrels.
Hope to see you in game soon.
Yarissa (et al) and Darth Hassira in SWTOR
@Yarissa in ESO
Yarissa in SWL
Yarissa in Rift

Ask me for a guild invitation in any of these games :D

Umbrik

Post by Umbrik » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:45 pm

Thanks guys. I also have a feeling that I am in the right place. :) Your advice is noted as well. See you soon in game!

Malbec
Adjudicator

Post by Malbec » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:09 pm

We also chat on a program called Discord.

You can join and set up an account by pressing the Join Server button on our homepage.

Its not compulsory to voice chat but its nice members pop in and say hello.

When you get in just say hi in the room you end up in and someone will sort your permissions out

Mal 🍷

Toonage

Umbrik

Post by Umbrik » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:05 pm

Tried the Discord link, but it says that the invitation has expired.

Malbec
Adjudicator

Post by Malbec » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:56 am

I shall look into it, thanks.

Toonage

Malbec
Adjudicator

Post by Malbec » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:10 am

It should be working now

Mal 🍷

Toonage

Umbrik

Post by Umbrik » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:15 am

Still getting the same message. :(

Malbec
Adjudicator

Post by Malbec » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am

I will PM you a code 🙂

Hang in there, not sure why the widget is playing up.

Mal 🍷

Toonage