ESO Application

A public forum for guests and non-members.
BearOfSand

ESO Application

Post by BearOfSand » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:16 pm

Hello, ladies and gentlemen.
I am experiencing Error 108 for some time now, so I hope that the applying is not totally pointless...

1. What game you are applying for and what is your main character’s name?
I am applying for The Elder Scrolls Online. Thing is... I can not log in to my account right now and... well... I am not quite sure about my character's name. I am playing with her only for few days. I will write her name here as soon as I successfully log in - or never, in case you will deny my application before that.

2. Please tell us how you came to apply for Eternal-Dawn.
I found a guild recruitment on ESO forums.

3. What are you looking for in a guild and what can a guild expect from you?
This is probably where my application turns slightly against me...
I am looking for a relaxed and mature guild, which will not pressure me into anything. I am not a people person. I am shy and still learning to communicate with strangers. And actually, talking to people online is sometimes more difficult than in real life.

And then there is the "what can a guild expect from you" part... Well, I am not sure. As I said, I have a trouble to socialize sometimes. And on a top of that, I consider myself "eternal gaming noob" - since I have been gaming for years now, and still I believe I suck. But I am always trying to help as much as I can - if I can.
However, I am good in being cute. And sometimes I am able to produce a joke, that is actually funny.

4. What activities do you like doing ingame?
Questing (I appreciate relaxed and slower pace, where I have time to look around, clean my inventory or read stuff), probably role-playing (however I have never roleplayed in video games before, I am more into pen&paper or post-to-play), dyeing my armour (like... a lot), exploring (uncovering as much places around the map as possible), crafting (and acquiring materials) and raising my skills (even the ones my character does not need).

5. It’s always interesting to know previous game experiences.
It is probably obvious that I am mostly single-player gamer. I love Mass Effect and Dragon Age and also enjoy Fallout games and Skyrim.
From the MMOs, I enjoyed the SWTOR the most - since it's very single-player friendly :D I also tried WoW which I would probably enjoy more if I were not as much socially awkward as I am. I tried some other MMOs, but it never lasted for more than a few days.
I bought ESO an almost year ago, but I could not play it for a long time... Now, I am expecting me to be able to play it much more often and finally learn the mechanics of it. For now, I love the game (and hate the Error 108).

6. Delight the community with a brief introduction of yourself.
I am 22 years old girl from Slovakia, currently living with my partner and our beagle in the Czech Republic. I am going to study on Faculty of Education in hope of being an English teacher or translator once. For now, my English sucks and that is why I am trying to socialize online, where I can chat with foreigners.

7. Can you confirm you are over the age of 18, please?
Hmmmmm... Yes, I am over the age of 18. Is that enough? (...I remember playing Prince of Persia on MS-DOS... that should be enough...)
ESO - Marlhean (@BearOfSand)

Yarissa

Re: ESO Application

Post by Yarissa » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:19 pm

Welcome. We are very relaxed and no pressure, although we hope you will feel comfortable talking with us and questing and crafting (although not really RP) are our things.

Let us know your @name or character name and we will look out for you with a guild invite in game.
Yarissa (et al) and Darth Hassira in SWTOR
@Yarissa in ESO
Yarissa in SWL
Yarissa in Rift

Ask me for a guild invitation in any of these games :D

Kallyra

Post by Kallyra » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:05 pm

Hello and welcome!

This guild is very chilled and relaxed. You're free to do what you want with no added pressure. If you want to tag along for guild events, you're welcome too but if you don't want to, that's fine too. And if you want some company when trying something new, ask around and someone will probably be willing to help. We're also very friendly and happily answer any questions you may have ;)

As for you still learning English, that's great. Don't be afraid to ask any questions there too. I am English born and it's the only language I speak but I have some moments where my brain just doesn't work and my English turns terrible (...I think that sentence might just be an example of that ;)). Anything I can do to help, let me know.

I actually originally got into online gaming by doing post by post role playing. Before Lord of the Rings Online launched, they had a very active forum and it was there that I started role playing and made some cool friends. After they launched the game and deleted some sections of the forums, I got bored and investigated the game. A couple of years later and here I am ;) Although I don't role play much anymore, I do write fan fiction. I am also a huge fan of Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

After that incredibly long post, what I want to say is welcome to the guild and I hope you enjoy your time with us :D

I've also been looking into the Error 108 to see if I can offer any help. So far, the only helpful bit I can find is:

​In addition, we recommend you add the following exceptions to your antivirus or firewall:

Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file. When this is the case, the file paths below are what players should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\

Does this help?
Republic Characters: Kallyra, Nathalea, Narika, Karyssa, Savinna
Imperial Characters: Ziiya, Jalyssa, Janesa, Danicka, Nadeena
ESO: @Kallyra
Origin ID: CaptainSarcasm
Xbox Live/PSN: ​Poltekolt

BearOfSand

Post by BearOfSand » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:50 pm

Kallyra, thank you! Before posting the application here, I had already tried every suggestion I found on internet related to Error 108 but nothing helped and I had to contact support.
Today, however, I have run the game successfully, so it's working for now and I hope there won't be more errors anymore. It seems it was just some issue with their servers :)
About RP and fanfic... It's always awesome to meet some creative persons amongst gamers! What kind of fan fiction do you write? If you have something posted online, I would actually like to read it.
And thank you again for your warm welcome :)

Yarissa, thank you too :) Since, as I mentioned above, I've finally logged in the game: my character's name is Marlhean. My UserID is @BearOfSand
Thank you for your invite in advance!

BittyBee

Post by BittyBee » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:01 am

Hey there! Welcome to ED.

There is nothing wrong with being laid back and relaxing while playing this game. I'm the exact same way. During dungeon runs, I'm normally the one left behind because I'm looking through every corner of the room. I also hoard everything I can (mats, dwarven anything) so that tends to cause me to... stray away from the main goal. lol

I understand about playing single-player. This is my first ever MMO. All the other games I've played have all been single or dual player (in which I only played with my mate). I asked about Minecraft and that got turned down as a MMO. =P

I've never roleplayed before with anyone other than my mate and one other person (long ago) so it would be a new thing to try. I do have back stories for all my toons so I guess that does count.

I hope you enjoy your stay here. And if you haven't, don't forget to join the Discord. All sorts of madness goes on over there. We also sometimes will jump into voice chat where you can hear all the lovely accents. And no, there is no pressure in talking. No pressure in anything! And, don't forget, if you need help, let us know. We're always happy to help. If you're on pretty late (like around this time right now), I'll be on to help in any way that I can.

My name is Nikki by the way. My tag in-game is BittyBee. Just yell at me, or punch or something, if you ever need anything!
ESO Toons
Vienoh - Khajiiti Daedric Pet Sorc and Crafter
Nathilyn - Bosmer Templar (WIP)

100% OBSESSED WITH ANYTHING DWARVEN/CLOCKWORK
Normally the one with the pets in the group.

Malbec
Adjudicator

Post by Malbec » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:52 am

BearOfSand wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:16 pm

This is probably where my application turns slightly against me...
I am looking for a relaxed and mature guild, which will not pressure me into anything. I am not a people person. I am shy and still learning to communicate with strangers. And actually, talking to people online is sometimes more difficult than in real life.

And then there is the "what can a guild expect from you" part... Well, I am not sure. As I said, I have a trouble to socialize sometimes. And on a top of that, I consider myself "eternal gaming noob" - since I have been gaming for years now, and still I believe I suck. But I am always trying to help as much as I can - if I can.
However, I am good in being cute. And sometimes I am able to produce a joke, that is actually funny.

Members are free to arrange anything, ask any questions, or just chill out and do something on their own. If you want to be online and just chill then that is fine.

Your app was lovely and your profile picture is great, there are many animal lovers in the guild.

Nice to see you sorted your error out and you are in game. If someone has not yet sent an invite one will follow soon.

I know you are shy but I highly recommend joining our discord server, just press the big 'Join Server' button on our home page. Say hello in there and someone can set you up with Member permissions. We have your soul now 😜. Its the best way to meet the whole community, you can be online and read the conversations and not participate or you can join in at anytime. It is very good for shy people.

Anyway look forward to seeing you in game 🙂

Mal 🍷

Toonage
Malbec-Sonvida - ESO Officer
Malbec-Donapaula - Alt ESO Officer
Jacqques - Rift Guild Leader
Malbec - SWL Cabal Leader

BearOfSand

Post by BearOfSand » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:50 am

Wow, thank you guys, you are awesome.
I'll definitely check the Discord thingy, I hope it won't scare me away :D

BittyBee wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:01 am
I do have back stories for all my toons so I guess that does count.
Hi, Nikki, I am Barbora :))
For me, back stories of my characters are very important part of my game experience.
Malbec wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:52 am
We have your soul now 😜.
Mal, shouldn't you at least pay me for it or something? It's not like I have thousands of them to give.

Malbec
Adjudicator

Post by Malbec » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:25 am

BearOfSand wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:50 am
Malbec wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:52 am
We have your soul now 😜.
Mal, shouldn't you at least pay me for it or something? It's not like I have thousands of them to give.
I pay in friendship 😇

Mal🍷

Toonage
Malbec-Sonvida - ESO Officer
Malbec-Donapaula - Alt ESO Officer
Jacqques - Rift Guild Leader
Malbec - SWL Cabal Leader

Kallyra

Post by Kallyra » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:19 pm

I'm glad your game is working and you're finally able to play. 😉

As for fan fiction, I write a little bit of everything. If I watch something or play something and think "this character would be pretty cool" then I start writing a story. I have so many ideas, it's frightening. I am currently active on fanfiction.net (author name is Amelia-Hawke after DA2) but with how much time I spend in game, I don't update as much as I should. I currently have 4 Mass Effect and 1 Supernatural story on there with loads more ideas. I also have my original stories but haven't got very far. If you do read my stuff, I'd love to hear your feedback 😀
Republic Characters: Kallyra, Nathalea, Narika, Karyssa, Savinna
Imperial Characters: Ziiya, Jalyssa, Janesa, Danicka, Nadeena
ESO: @Kallyra
Origin ID: CaptainSarcasm
Xbox Live/PSN: ​Poltekolt

Davhek

Post by Davhek » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:23 am

🖖
Also known as Radly or Rads