ESO application

A public forum for guests and non-members.
Octopuss

ESO application

Post by Octopuss » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi.

I've had a LFG thread on the official forum for some time and got a message from Malbec some weeks ago. I had joined a different guild at that time though, and since I don't like the idea of being in more than one, I passed. The guild didn't work out for me though, and I left some two weeks later, and instead of quitting the game, I thought I might give it one last try. I mean, even though there are some people who play pure lone wolves, mmorpgs are pretty pointless without a guild.

I started playing ESO in august last year and was in a guild for five or so months, but eventually left after I didn't feel welcome anymore. Now, that leads me to an important information: I am not a drama queen, asshole, arrogant or anything - I am actually pretty friendly person, BUT I do have somewhat lackluster social skills (a perk of being borderline autistic I guess) and negative/pessimistic attitude, and it has never worked out for me in communities in the long run (with the exception of Anarchy Online, where I was in a guild for over two years).
Sooner or later, something from the following happens: 1) people get annoyed by me "complaining about everything" (that's not really what I do, but some perceive it as such), 2) I fall into some stupid argument with someone (because I can be stubborn as hell and don't know when it's better to shut up), or 3) I don't get some jokes, misunderstand them as someone mocking me or attacking me, I get pissed off and ragequit.

That's just a warning in case you don't mind me joining. I might not stick around for long (like more than a year). I just want to make it clear from the beginning that vast majority of what leads to problems (or drama in the most unfortunate cases) revolving around me are not caused by an intent.

I have four characters at the moment, around CP520. No tanks, no healers (sorry). Account name is the same as the username here.

4. What acitivites do you like doing ingame?
Almost anything unless it's related to roleplaying and PvP.

5. It’s always interesting to know previous game experiences.
I started with Ultima Online back in 2000 (after Renaissance though, so some might not call me a true UO player, especially since I hung around Trammel at the beginning), followed by Anarchy Online and The Lord of the Rings Online. It was very unfortunate I discovered MMOs. Wasted half my life on them (possibly literally) though.

6. Delight the community with a brief introduction of yourself.
36 male from Czech republic. Married, no children, six cats. Gun pseudoenthusiast (if that's even a word). Certified psycho.

Malbec
Adjudicator

Re: ESO application

Post by Malbec » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi there thanks for your honest app.

Just some advice just be chilled and enjoy the game and get to know the other members at the end of the day we all log in to get away from the real life stuff and just enjoy the games contents. If you want to have a grumble about something pop into Discord and have a chat with me I am there most weekdays and love hearing anything as long as its not offensive or directed at any member 🙂

If someone has not yet already invited you an invite should go out sometime today.

We are very relaxed and do not take things too seriously.

Mal 🍷

Toonage
Malbec-Sonvida - ESO Officer
Malbec-Donapaula - Alt ESO Officer
Jacqques - Rift Guild Leader
Malbec - SWL Cabal Leader