ESO application

A public forum for guests and non-members.
zipp

ESO application

Post by zipp » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:58 pm

1. What game you are applying for and what is your main character’s name?
I'm applying for a place in your guild in ESO, on the PC, EU server. Main character's name is Nahsee, username is @zippycars.

2. Please tell us how you came to apply for Eternal-Dawn.
I've been looking for a new social guild for quite some time. After a LOT of digging around, spotted a few posts on the eso forums by your guys (an' gals ;)) in recruitment. I suppose the "[casual 18+]" and "We... often spend a lot of time just bantering" sounded right for me.
3. What are you looking for in a guild and what can a guild expect from you?
I'm looking to generally meet new people, have a banter, RP, nerd out and theorycraft, hopefully meet players who are interested in grouping up for dungeons and trials... For the latter, I'm hoping to find experienced and patient players who can help me through these first few runs... Hopefully group buddies for future speed runs but plenty of time for that hehe XD
Oh, and I'd like to try battlegrounds at some point... I get very distracted...
What you can expect from me; I'm in game regularly, almost daily. I'm a very casual player so always have time for a chat, I know the pain of newbishness so I'll always have time for lost newbs. If I can't help directly, I'll make sure I point you towards the help, pref to where you can help yourself. I have free vampire and werewolf bites for anyone who asks. I'm a crafter (not all 9 trait yet, almost) so I'll have spare mats/recipes/motifs along the way to donate to guildies in need. What else? Typos, and plenty of them! lol.

4. What acitivites do you like doing ingame?
These days? I mostly just hang out with mates I've made in game, some from the begining, some from later on. We chat about new builds we've found, muck around and banter, duel to find holes in said builds... I like Mudballing unsuspecting victims.
I joined a trade guild recently so I currently have 11 alts doing daily craft writs (almost daily)... It's worth it atm for the surveys. Banked for my main to then harvest top mats and sell all gold mats. Nice gold making gig, boring though :D
Fishing! A pointless activity according to some... More perfect Roe for me, then :D Plus, I'm still working on the fishing achievement for the little fishing vessel. It'd be perfect my Hunding's Hall's beach.
Crafting! Apart from any achiv furnishings, I've crafted everything in my house.
I do like to duel, but it's worth mentioning I do it for practice and FOR FUN, NOT EGO lol! (I only feel it's necessary to mention this after spending a year in a duelling guild, hoping to improve in pvp.... By Dibella's tits! Wading though ego's to find a Sensei is a job in itself Hehehee. Still totally worth it, I achieved what I'd set out to, can handle myself much better in Cyro.<3
I havn't pvp'd in ages, not since warden class came out. Need to carve out time for that, it's not avoidence, just busy.

5. It’s always interesting to know previous game experiences.
Before? I'll be honest, I'm actually new to any serious gaming. Played a bit of paperboy as a kid on the C64 but mostly played out. Again, as a teen I played out. Got wrecked, laughed my arse off, had a metric fuck-tonne of good times. Was happy enough to watch skilled mates play through games I couldn't. Last one was Half Life 2. HL2 PVP looked brutal! Too good for me, man.
I only started to play vanilla Skyrim in early 2014 after uber blaggage off my fella. Was suprised to find I actually enjoyed it :) Was hooked for 5 months before being kicked off the PS3 by my fella and our lads LOL.
ESO on the PC ever since. I instantly loved it. Bugs included (some have brought hilarity). Movement was smooth, it was all VERY pretty.
I ditch a lot of games in the first few minutes, usually because character movement feels weird. I know that's being picky hahahaha... but we like what we like.
I've only cheated on ESO the once. I started playing EVE Online earlier this year. Felt like my brain was bleeding trying to understand it... Which made me play even more. I've realised the benefits of a real struggle, at least one you've chosen.
Totally different fish to ESO so the two games don't compete in my heart. When they say it's the players who write the story in New Eden, they're not kidding! Half the time when I've been 'playing' eve, I've nipped off down the rabbit hole reading articles/forum posts or listening to podcasts etc to catch up with 'the story so far'. Awesome community.
Do any of you guys play eve?

6. Delight the community with a brief introduction of yourself.
Uh-oh! "Delight" is a strong word XD XD XD Ok I'll try.. ESO is my very comfy playhouse right now, has been for 3 years but
I'm no carebear.
What I mean by this I don't let the comfort be the only element to gaming. I like trying new things, hard things where I'm doomed to fail many times before legitimately scoring a new acheivement. I like the fear :D It drives me to try again.
IC literally scares the shit out of me, stress from every angle. I like the fear though, the death risk, the tel var loss or gain adds purpose.

It's just a game. Play is important though. It's something we do in our free time, I can only speak for this adult but my free time is precious to me. Whenever I've failed at a skill I'm working on, I honstly look for MY weaknesses, see what can be sured up. It's just lazy to blame 'ZOS', 'cancer builds' or some other 3rd thing for a fail.
I'm in favour of self reflection and improvement over bitching and whinging.

7. Can you confirm you are over the age of 18 please?
I'm on level 34 of life. Not sure that true confirmation is possible in this format.

BittyBee

Re: ESO application

Post by BittyBee » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:37 am

Hey Zipp!
Welcome to ED! You sound like you'd fit in nicely with the guildies here.

We do like to banter a good bit. All in good fun, of course! =D We even do so in voice chat too. It's sometimes a laugh riot when we have a bunch of people in.
I've heard of EVE and have been wanting to play it but my attention is split between 5 games alread, 2 of which are ESO and Skyrim. Did you go with the usual sneak archer in Skyrim or did you rebel and do something else?
We have a couple of PVPers in the guild. So I'm sure if there is anything you need to know, they'd be happy to help. Crafting huh? We have a few of those too (myself included). That's one of the biggest aspects for me in the game. I love crafting things and building up my houses. I've been meaning to get my alts into writs but currently only my main and templar are doing them. I'll get there some day! lol

Don't forget, we have a Discord where you are more than welcome to join. Once you're there, scream at one of the officers or admin and we'll set you straight with your perms. =D I'll be sending you an invite in game very shortly.
ESO Toons
Vienoh - Khajiiti Daedric Pet Sorc and Crafter
Nathilyn - Bosmer Templar (WIP)

100% OBSESSED WITH ANYTHING DWARVEN/CLOCKWORK
Normally the one with the pets in the group.

zipp

Post by zipp » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:30 am

Hey BittyBee,
Thanks for the invite, very prompt :D
There seems to be a bug atm, I'm in 4 guilds but got a "You can't join another guild without leaving one first", very odd. There's a forum post from 3 days ago with similar stories since the patch so a ticket's going in.

Too true^ hehe, it's not a bad time to be alive with more choices for entertainment than you can see to. Skyrim was fumbled through in an epic noob manner, landed on dual wielding some spell // some sword on my mage XD does that even work?? lol!! The Sneaky bow was fun with a paralysis poisen hehehe. Add 100s of hours to the game and level up a skill I'll never use by sneaking the wilderness, love it all <3 I almost bagged every house, except windhelm which bugged out :(

New guild, new minds to pick is a nice excuse to jump back into pvp. There's actually a lot of decent tactically minded players around... usually too fast paced for me to keep up with.. Hours of PK fun can wizz by when everything's going that well and that frantic. So much delicious fun.. But as with shooter games that's too good for me, dudeths. Li'll noob groups are a nice break after hahaha "yes, let's grab those corner shards.. or some Cyro fish XD" LOL
Crafting seemed a given to me. For ages, on my main I had no where near enough sp to craft AND use spells/abilities, given the either/or choice att, I played. So I didn't bother with regular writs until recently. Turns out you can start them at level 6 with no sp spent in crafting, my welps seem to get the same survey drop rate as my main, my full crafters get the master writs... Writs used to take time... Time and lists... Until I found the "Dolgubon's lazy writ crafter" addon.
A crafter lol (I know I shouldn't but it's too late, lols came out) was 'an alt for each crafting profession'. Seemed like just the counter to limited sp at one point.... Then housing update - BahahaaaaaahaH! I'm SO glad I just dumped ALL recipes/motifs/whatever on one toon, thought "fuck it, sort it later... or next year.. meh"
Procrastination does pay out, eventually :D
I'll say hey in tamriel soon ;)

Malbec
Adjudicator

Post by Malbec » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:50 am

Hi Zipp

Thanks for your app.

I see Nikki is looking after you. I am the Guild slacker so you will see me around from time to time.

I am hoping to get some game time Sat night.

Look forward to seeing you in game.

Mal 🍷

Toonage
Malbec-Sonvida - ESO Officer
Malbec-Donapaula - Alt ESO Officer
Jacqques - Rift Guild Leader
Malbec - SWL Cabal Leader

BittyBee

Post by BittyBee » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:14 pm

Oh no! I hope that gets sorted fairly quickly.

How does one play a mage with a sword? Would seem very odd seeing that running through the forests of the Rift or in the winters of Winterhold. Lol My first time playing Skyrim, I wasn't used to the controls and ran off Dragon Bridge. I also made my fiance fight and kill all the dragons. I loved them too much to want to kill them. House wise, I had all of them in game so I got bored and installed a few modded houses (Blackthorn and Silversted are my 2 favorites). Of course, one of them was Dwarven. You'll find that I'm all over obsessed with Dwarven anything and Clockwork, although not entirely Dwarven but inspired by it, is growing on me pretty fast.
That's the way I am. I through all crafting motifs on 1 toon but am slowly building up one of my alts. I have a bad habit of making alts that I want to use in a story and never play them much. So I have some I might never use (I want to though so maybe after reaching goal with the templar, lol).
I've been playing this game for a while (not as long as some of the members mind you) and I still know diddly about a lot of things. Mainly combat in pledges and such. Still learning about raising my DPS and such but we have a few experts that are always willing to help. Which I am super glad about. I never wanted to play ESO just because I'd gotten too comfortable with the play style of Skyrim. So when my fiance had gotten it for my birthday, I just kinda sneered at it while he played. I ended up picking it up for a little while and have enjoyed it since. But the main reason I even decided to play was because it was the houses. >.> Don't judge me.

I hope to see you in game very soon. =D
ESO Toons
Vienoh - Khajiiti Daedric Pet Sorc and Crafter
Nathilyn - Bosmer Templar (WIP)

100% OBSESSED WITH ANYTHING DWARVEN/CLOCKWORK
Normally the one with the pets in the group.