• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey guys

I just wanted to make this post to explain a few things that may or may not happen as well as my current state of mind. Nothing serious just yet.

Last Friday (the 23rd) our next door neighbors were broken into and their TV was stolen. No one was hurt, thankfully, and our dogs reacted quite quickly. The thieves used our wall and gate to reach their house and to make their getaway so this has our house feeling a bit tense and unsafe, especially with just 3 girls living here. Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time something like this has happened. Our cars have been broken into a couple of times and one night (the only night in 16 years) we left the front gate unlocked, someone walked in and stole out of my mom’s handbag. Since our gate cannot be seen over the wall or from the road and since these recent burglars were prepared to cut through burglar bars and knew exactly where to go over the wall, it makes us think we are being watched or scouted. Understandably, this is not a comforting thought and is also the reason behind my early nights. I don’t feel comfortable staying up late anymore so, until further notice, I will not be signing up for any Ops or playing much later than 8pm my time. My mom has also brought up moving but no decision has been made yet.

My mom is also struggling financially since the divorce so we are running into some trouble there. The upkeep of the house and garden has also fallen behind (which may be related to the above but not sure). Tomorrow is my mom’s last day at work since she resigned from the job from hell. It was a hard decision for her but she couldn’t work there anymore. My sister and I are trying to be supportive and my dad has also agreed to finance us while my mom is unemployed. However, if it does come to it, I might have to cut back on my gaming for whatever reasons – money, time or stress. This is worst case scenario so if I suddenly go quiet, you know why.

Another reason why I have posted this is because I wanted you to know that if you log on and I am quiet or moody or just not myself, it is nothing personal. My house at the moment is so stressful and tense (as my sister is also trying to get her PhD sorted while still dealing with her breakup which isn’t going that well) that I am not sure if I can keep it from spilling over in-game. I will try, naturally, but I am trying to keep it together for my mom and my sister while trying not to get frustrated at not knowing what to do next (my application to study further was rejected for crap reasons) and trying to come up with ways to help get more money in to take some of the stress off my mom.

In short, please just be aware that if I am a bit off, it is nothing you have done (honestly, I don’t think anyone here could do anything that would upset me because you’re all awesome) and if my activity drops (either in game or on the forums), you know why. This is all, of course, worst case scenario.

edadmin
    Keymaster

Breaks my heart reading that Kally.

You do your best for the family.

If you need to scream pop on here and scream away πŸ™‚

edadmin
    Keymaster

Take care of yourself and your family Kally. We will be around, you know where to find us πŸ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

The guys have already pretty much said it all – thinking about you and if you ever need to vent or anything like that, you know where we are. Look after yourself and your family and take care.

edadmin
    Keymaster

As always, real life comes first so don’t even worry about anything ingame, just know that whenever you feel like it, we will welcome you to join us. Other than, I wish you and your family all the best and I hope that you will soon sort out the problems and relax a little.

Take care!

edadmin
    Keymaster

Take care Kally.

We’re all here for you xx

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you all for the support and the understanding. It does mean a lot to me πŸ˜€ Just taking it one day at a time right now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kally, firstly i am so sad to read that and my heart goes out to you and your family.

Ever need anyone to talk to i am here for you, always had a soft spot for you as your the one that recruited me and are one the great ones to me πŸ™‚

I really hope everything improves soon and your family find their feet and get that warm, safe, security feeling we all take for granted at times.

Will miss you dearly in game.

Remember your never alone and we will always be here when ever you pop on.

Your friend

Matt

edadmin
    Keymaster

Hey Kally,

Sorry to hear you’re having a tough time at the moment. It sounds as though you have a number of things hitting you simultaneously and that can be tough to deal with.

I’ve not been around much myself recently, but that should start to change soon. Give me a shout in-game if you need to let off some steam and we can go and repeatedly shoot/stab stuff until it falls over! πŸ˜€

Makk.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Matt.

And thanks, Makk. I might just take you up on your offer to shoot stuff πŸ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh dear! Take care and all the rest everybody else said πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Sim. πŸ˜€

Things are looking up now. My mom got a job yesterday which she started today. It’s on a month contract and she’s earning a little bit more than she was at the job from hell so we will see what happens there. She has also definitely decided she wants to move so my dad and uncle are coming over on Sunday to check things out – see what needs to be fixed and whatnot before we can sell. Not quite sure what will happen next though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Kallyra wrote:

Thanks, Sim. πŸ˜€

Things are looking up now. My mom got a job yesterday which she started today. It’s on a month contract and she’s earning a little bit more than she was at the job from hell so we will see what happens there. She has also definitely decided she wants to move so my dad and uncle are coming over on Sunday to check things out – see what needs to be fixed and whatnot before we can sell. Not quite sure what will happen next though.

Sounds like a positive step forward πŸ™‚ Hope it will work out.

edadmin
    Keymaster

Hey Kal

Sorry to hear of your predicament – as Makk said, it seems you have been hit with several uncertainties and unpleasantries at once, and that is always a tough situation. If there’s any doubt still, you should know we are all here for you if you need us for anything (take your mind off of things, with unexplained and clearly over the top in game violence, or extreme incompetence in say, avoiding holes in bridges!).

Also good to hear that things are moving (pun not intended) in the right direction. Fingers crossed for your mom and her job situation (think several of us here knows how it is with either greas dissatisfaction in your current job, or the uncertainty of being between jobs or on short term contracts). Moving is exciting and exhausting. I hope yours goes as smoothly as these things can go – and that you get a nice new place, with ΓΌber interwebs (because that is of course THE most important feature!!!) πŸ˜›

Take care and stay strong.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.