About Us Forums RIFT RIFT General Discussion Dungeons/Raids

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    edadmin
    Keymaster

We are doing more and more it seems as we grow however fitting everyone in of an evening is proving to be a bit difficult so I just want to say firstly, its not a race, you will not miss out in the long term, and secondly, do not feel left out if you never made it in the group that night.

5 mans are just that – 5 people. And to fill the slots you need a Tank, Healer, 2 Dps and a Support to Q up in the Dungeon Finder.

Last night we had one healer on so it was impossible to get 2 Groups going, it was just one of those things, this will change as people level up and more join but we just have to grin and bare it. Someone else did step up and said they would give healing a go [because of the new Souls out] but I felt it unfair in an Expert.

Forming groups is not a great experience when everyone is so anxious to do the new content as I have to leave people out and I do not like doing that, I have a feeling that will happen on Friday as well when we come to form the 10man to the point I am happy to sit it out so that others can join after all I am only DPS and I have seen that content.

I just want to remind you that we are a very casual guild, we do get to see a majority of the content but over a longer period of time, soon you will be fed up with Experts, but luckily 3.0 is round the corner.

When forming Experts I aim for a strong core of people and then invite those that are still gearing up and have not done many as its still possible to complete them. Rather than randomly invite all less geared people and continually wipe on the first Boss as that is just too painful and does nothing to anyone’s confidence.

This is not a rant though I just want you to sit back and think about the limitations we have currently so please all be patient guys and gals you will see all Experts and maybe even some T1 10mans soon.

We have picked up some good players as well and they are free to run Experts on any night so do not wait just for the event nights doing RED’s is part of a daily grind, its just I cannot be there daily.

Mal

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent post thank you Mal.

May I add a suggestion, could the dps players add a support soul if you have a slot free please (if you are able to have support soul of course 🙂 )?

We had formed couple of groups for dungeon runs recently only to fail to enter dungeon simply because nobody in the group could queue as support. You are not expected to play as support if queued as support, it is just the mechanics of dungeon finder; that t least one member of the group must be able to queue as support.

I used to be able to queue for all roles when I had Warden as my healing soul when I first started healing. I accidentally wiped that soul and took the opportunity to try a different healing soul, and suddenly I couldn’t queue as support!

This provided a lot of frustration for the group I was in at the time, luckily, this was a low level dungeon run so I switched to my bard.

I have since added a support soul (Warden) and, hey bingo, I can queue as support again lol even though my Support is not set up for playing.

So, from experience, it would be hugely helpful if more of us could have a defunct support role just to make queuing easier thus making up a group easier too 🙂

edadmin
    Keymaster

@Simcha wrote:

We had formed couple of groups for dungeon runs recently only to fail to enter dungeon simply because nobody in the group could queue as support. You are not expected to play as support if queued as support, it is just the mechanics of dungeon finder; that t least one member of the group must be able to queue as support.

Actully thats not entirely true if you have a rookie healer with limited or zero experience and not much gear he would have a hard time to keep people up the less gear the group has the more you kind want a bard etc to boost the party, its just experienced groups that runs with no support becuse they just outdps everything.

But yes from the point of view of saving time dont run with a support but then you need about 24k group dps to have a smooth run 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Denyus wrote:

@Simcha wrote:

Actully thats not entirely true if you have a rookie healer with limited or zero experience and not much gear he would have a hard time to keep people up the less gear the group has the more you kind want a bard etc to boost the party, its just experienced groups that runs with no support becuse they just outdps everything.

But yes from the point of view of saving time dont run with a support but then you need about 24k group dps to have a smooth run 🙂

I am not talking about the need of support, I am talking about queuing in the first place. The dungeon finder will not let a group enter a dungeon if nobody can tick the required support box.

Support are great for new healer etc yes i agree, and I have found them valuable.

My point was about the queue itself.

edadmin
    Keymaster

Yeah of course i just pointed out over the point of point 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

Support is well worth giving a try. Even if you don’t want the pressure of tank or healer, once you get the hang of support, it’s low pressure and very fun. 🙂

In response to Mal, I’ll be back soon and willing to get back into learning how to heal. If peeps could allow me to re-practise in some normals and hunt rifts and so on as everything I had picked up I’ve obviously forgotten, but then I’ll be happy to fill the “green bars up = good” spot!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ill try healing too, just have to find a victim to practise on :}

Anonymous
    Inactive

I still need to practice all the normal dungeons, Makes the harder ones a little less stressful, so i’m up for been a practice “dummy”

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Teragog wrote:

I still need to practice all the normal dungeons, Makes the harder ones a little less stressful, so i’m up for been a practice “dummy”

@Xannziee wrote:

Ill try healing too, just have to find a victim to practise on :}

I’m up for more practice too!

edadmin
    Keymaster

@Teragog wrote:

Me too :).

edadmin
    Keymaster

When I get time to find some crafted Mage Tank gear you lot are going to get plenty of practice 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Woohoo! We’ll be a big puddle of dead splatter! 😀

edadmin
    Keymaster

@Jaedia wrote:

Woohoo! We’ll be a big puddle of dead splatter! 😀

Proper MMOing 😉

edadmin
    Keymaster

Just poke me ingame i can craft some 🙂

edadmin
    Keymaster

@Denyus wrote:

Just poke me ingame i can craft some 🙂

Will have a chat when next on mate. Juggling inlaws and Mrs Faction tomo so may swap my Fri fun to a Sat.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.