• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

GSF – Space PVP Guide

As most are aware with the introduction of space pvp there is a lot of elements to it and be quite confusing so ill try putting this guide to help you and will update as I improve and learn more and please feel free sharing anything you found works well as I will share what I find works well 

Game Mode – Domination

Currently only one type of game mode, on each map there is 3 bases A,B,C as your team gains control by hovering near it and no enemies close by will change to your colour and after a few seconds gains a satellite growing to 3 maximum that fire at incoming enemies (low ish damage). each base increases your teams score to a total of 1000(win). To take a base first you need to destroy all 3 satellites and any near by enemy then you will start to gain control.

Team Deathmatch

Name says its all, but this is a deathmatch with a twist. You start with 3 spawn areas as normal and there is pick ups scattered around the map, (engine / blasters / shields / damage overcharge).
    These pick ups can alter the path of a game when used well, example on a losing game I had, I fell back looked for damage over charge (doubles ya damage) blasted back into the fight picked 5-7 off then once it ran out repeated same and we pulled back to a win. Engine powerup can be extremely useful for evading ya hunters after you to give u that extra power.

Ship Types

Strike Fighter – this is a average fast ship that deals reasonable damage the bread and butter ship so to speak. you will have two primary weapon blasters with a secondary that is a missile type.

Personal choice I like is Heavy laser cannon for my primary (this is slower but better range and damage) and for my secondary concussion missiles – slow lock on timer but good damage.

Scout – very fast , average damage but quite easy to take out. You have one primary blaster with one secondary missile type. My personal choice for blaster is Laser Cannon – better range good damage, secondary I prefer the thermite torpedo – quick lock on low damage precise missile that is good against turrets and hulls, the rocket pods you start with are ok but there free fireing not precise with no lock ons.

Gunship – very slow but very high damage, best way to describe these is as a sniper. Your aim is to go un-noticed and stay at range, I focus the fighters on my team mates and taking turrets out ready for the cap of a base.you have one primary blaster I prefer Burst laser cannon (better damage) and a secondary weapon called rail gun (sniper mode) there’s 3 rail guns all very different, 1) Plasma railgun leaves a DOT on the target for average damage low energy consumption. 2) ion railgun – great damage to shields but poor against hulls. 3) Slug rail gun – very high damage but also very high energy consumption.

Anonymous
    Inactive

* W,S,A,D for throttle forward/backwards left and right.

* You have three gages that represent priority energy to Weapons/Shields/Engines (left to right on your screen)
    These you can alter by using the F1-F3 keys, F4 resets them to standard. Good example of these is when your rushing to cap use F3 for engine priority and when you get there use F2 for your shields or when your on the attack use F1 for weapon energy pool increase.

* Space Bar is for your engine boost to speed – uses engine power quickly for more extreme short term speed burst.

* keys 1-4 represent your abilities – example 4 might be hull repair, its cool down abilities that can turn the tide of a battle. These abilities are also changeable depending on which engine/shield/co-pilot you have chosen.

Scout has no weapon changes needed. left click for blasters (make sure the little fireing circle is on the enemy and turned red, right mouse click for rockets or hold for lock on for missiles once zeroed in release and fire.

Strike Fighter – key 1 is for swapping between your two different primary blaster weapons. mouse buttons same as scout.

Gunship – left mouse for blasters, right click once for snipe mode, right click again and hold to charge your railgun and release to fire, longer you hold the charge the more damage it does but also consumes lots of energy. Key 1 is for swapping between your two secondary weapons both railguns. good combo is ion railgun take there shields then swap to slug for a quick finish off.

Will update with more later.

My Gunship Build:

Primary Weapon – Burst Laser Cannon (higher dps blaster)

Secondary Weapon 1 – Slug Rail Gun (your big hitter) set with: improved accuracy + damage

Secondary Weapon 2 (shield drainer) set with arc to 3 enemies + slow target by 40%

Shields – distortion (only take if taking light armour as well) set to disable a lock-on means you have two missile avoidance tools !! (increases evasion) / I also use shield feedback a lot recently.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Engines – Barrel Roll (set to increased speed) this is great for missile avoidance but also for getting to objectives quickly

Armor – Lightweight armor (increases evasion) / if im using shield feedback I use deflection which I find works well against other gunships.

Magazine – I have power pool extender but either is fine on this item

Reactor – Large Reactor

Sensors – Dampening Sensors (this is a must for gunships makes it harder for them to spot/find you after u shoot.

PRIORITY UPGRADING:

Prioritise upgrades this order to get you to a decent standard quickly

3x times into slug gun (total 7500 requisition)
    unlock sensor dampening (1500 reqs)
    2x times upgrade sensor dampening (3500 reqs)
    1x times into barrel roll (reduces cost to use 1000reqs)
    1x more time into sensor dampening (2500 reqs) now maxed

now upgrade whatever order u want, I recommend sorting shields and armor next. (do these two at same time though as both increase evasion and 1 without other makes u a little vulnerable lol

CREW:

Co-Pilot Blizz – hydro spanner repairs hull

Offensive – Kayliyo secondary weapon reload times and larger firing arc

Tactical – Treek – increases sensor dampening and sight radius

Defensive – Writch Hurley – improves shield regen and more power for shield

Engineering – Blizz (increases engine power and makes abilities cheaper) main ability needed “hydro spanner” this repairs hull if set to co-pilot

Tactics:

As you leave ready area get F3 pressed for engines, then hit 3 for barrel roll and keep on space bar for boost to get to objectives quickly and moving from shooting spot to another.

Once you done a few kills GET YA ASS MOVING they will come for you out of spite lol

If a lock-on starts get moving round asteroids etc to get rid of it, fails use 3 or 2 to get rid of missile

Anonymous
    Inactive

lock on.

If your in range of their blasters (4000-6000 ish range) use F2 for shields and swap to your blasters

That 1st shot you do with your railgun let it FULLY CHARGE when maxed on upgrade can do 1400-2000 damage.

if there’s multiple enemy at a base swap (key 1) to ion rail gun to hit 1-3 enemy and flush them out (only if maxed on ion railgun) then swap back to slug railgun and watch them either run or get annoyed and come after you, either helps your team for the objectives.

If you get attacked DONT try heading back to ready area to let fleet ship destroy them – a gunship not at objectives is a waste of space.

Remember its a TEAM game, go after kills and look after your self don’t expect wins and people to watch ya back.

I hold my ground a lot coz I don’t RUN, and I peel enemy fighters/scouts of my teams fighters/scouts and in return some do same for me

GOOD HUNTING

Bomber – B-4 Legion (5000 fleet req’s to unlock)

Primary Weapon – Heavy Laser Cannon (6300 range)

Secondary Weapon – Proton Torpedoes (10k range)

Systems – Railgun Drone (10k range)

Shields – Repair Drone

Engines – Shield Power Converter

Armor – Deflection Armor

Magazine – Regeneration Extender

Reactor – Large Reactor

Sensors – Dampening Sensors

Priority Upgrading:

Get 1 point in your offensive drone, repair drone and secondary weapon, then focus maxing out dampening sensors.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tips:

This class don’t expect to get anywhere fast, engines don’t last long, but it will take a lot to destroy you. Your better for either defending or drop ya tools and get somewhere safe. This particular bomber can be built to be quite supportive to the group or range offensive.

Bomber – M-7 Razorwire (2500 fleet req’s to unlock)

Primary Weapon – Heavy Laser Cannon (6300 range)

Secondary Weapon – Seeker mines (2 can be deployed)

Systems – Concussion Mine (2 can be deployed)

Shields – Overcharged shield

Engines – Hyperspace Beacon (another point to revive at)

Armor – Deflection Armor

Reactor – Large Reactor

Sensors – Dampening Sensors

The two bombers are very similar but main differences are the legion is drone carrier with repair drone also, the razorwire is more a mine layer with a hyperspace beacon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Strike Fighter – FT-6 Pike (republic) / F-T2 Quell (empire)

Primary Weapons – Quad Laser Cannon (5750 range)
    Secondary Weapon – Cluster Missiles (5500 range)
    Secondary Weapon – Concussion Missiles (7000 range)
    Shields – Quick charge shield
    Engines – Barrel Roll
    Armor – Deflection Armor
    Capacitor – Frequency (range better if new to fighter)
    Thrusters – Speed Thrusters

Reason for barrel roll, speed thrusters, range sensors is for taking gunships out, faster u can get to them better ya chance as a fighter to rip them apart.

Another set up I use for secondary weapons is Concussion with Emp missiles, EMP ones great for taking mines, disabling drones etc and the concussion missile hits hard.

Quickcharge shields works well for when a gunship hits u with the ion railgun that’s when u hit quick charge shield and hes swapped to slug railgun gives u that extra seconds to finish him off.

Anonymous
    Inactive

for updating

Anonymous
    Inactive

for updating

Anonymous
    Inactive

for updating

Anonymous
    Inactive

for updating

Anonymous
    Inactive

for updating

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.