About Us Forums General Discussion Hobbies and Interests The Witcher Saga

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    edadmin
    Keymaster

So, i’m sure a lot of you read books as do I. I have a read a lot of books in my time and over the past year i have been going through the work of Andrzej Sapkowski.
    His books are based on the story of Geralt of Rivia and many other great characters involved in his journey and adventures. Fantasy setting of course but so well made and so “realistic” that you think you’re reading something that happened a while ago. Add something that happens at the start of the fifth and final book and you’ll know what i mean /hint.
    If you are expecting a hack and slash action book, then this is not for you. Some of the books start and finish without even a sword being unsheathed but you’re so pulled into the story that you don’t even care after a while.
    The downside is that not all books are translated in english yet. The witcher saga consists of 5 books and there are 2 more books of short stories, where you learn a few details, important details that is, about the characters and the story in the saga. If you are interested about something new, compared to the usual fantasy stories, give it a go.
    Currently reading the final book and i’m loving it, as i did the previous one.

Short Stories

-The Last Wish (Translated)
    -The Sword of Destiny (Not translated officialy. Fan translation available)
    -Something Ends, Something Begins (Not really important, as stories aren’t tied to the saga)

The Witcher Saga

-Blood of Elves (Translated)
    -Times of Contempt (Translated)
    -Baptism of Fire (Translated)
    -The Tower of the Swallow (Not translated officialy. Fan translation available)
    -The Lady of the Lake (Not translated officialy. Fan translation available)

edadmin
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought The Last Wish was novel #1? Could be wrong, haven’t read them yet, but it’s the one I have on my shelf.

edadmin
    Keymaster

The last wish is the first book translated to english. It’s just a collection of short stories. Blood of elves is the first book.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ooh okay, thanks! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.