About Us Forums General Discussion General Gaming [MMO] Guild Wars 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi peeps. Just wondering if there’s any interest in this community for Guild Wars 2? It’s still perhaps my favourite MMO and I’m a little sad that I can’t play with you guys during the brief times I pop on. Thus I just play a bunch of Rift instead! Know it’s early days but any interest in branching out at all? Anybody (still) playing this one? Would love some company! It’s gone through some lovely changes recently. 😀

Anonymous
    Inactive

For the peeps interested, information on Guild Wars 2. 🙂
    Sadly can’t find a trial or a way for me to offer trials currently but here’s a bit of information in the meantime!

And if you like videos, here’s a pretty good review of Guild Wars 2 from “Angry Joe” (warning: he swears, and it’s long, but he nails it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-_06Acj8Y (sorry I can’t see a transcript for this one)

One thing I should mention. If you vastly prefer tanks/healers, you’ll probably hate it. They’ve done away with the “holy trinity” and a lot of combat can feel a little zergy but if you like the idea of having to dodge in an out of things while you pew things down, you might enjoy it! But Rangers are more melee than ranged, fyi. Mesmer/Elementalist are best for ranged dps peeps.
    And for those who like video game music? This game has my favourite soundtrack, composed by one Jeremy Soule of Elder Scrolls fame. It’s gorgeous.
    And the personal story etc. is fully subtitled. 🙂
    AND bear in mind that some of the above guides are a little outdated now, there have been a few improvements since these went out, most notably the feature pack that went live a week ago! But that’s something I’ll go on about another time. There’s so much I love about this game I could go on for aaaages.

edadmin
    Keymaster

As weird as it may sound, the fact that there are no tanks and healers in this game made me get bored of it easily. Events were just lots of people gathering and just attack the boss without any strategy whatsoever. The style,graphics and animations were not bad i think but the way you get to fight was very strange and i drifted away very fast.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, a lot of people say that. 🙂 I personally find that there’s more to it than that but if you enjoy tanking or healing primarily, chances are it won’t be the game for you. But the guides and such I linked explain things much better than I could ever say. For me, this game is about the little things. The exploration, the beauty, and the ever-changing environments. But everybody is different. Just thought I’d provide some info for peeps who aren’t sure where to look! But I’d very much like to play this with some excellent peeps. <3

edadmin
    Keymaster

I might get into some very very slow levelling at some point 😛

Anonymous
    Inactive

*cheer* 😀
    I’m jaedia.7936 if anybody does join me in Tyria. I’m based on the Gandara server but believe it doesn’t matter quite so much with the megaserver now in place so long as we’re all EU. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anybody else interested in Guild Wars 2 or just me and (sort of) Dav and Tani? Would love an Eternal Dawn branch in this game as I am still playing it but still most active in Rift so.. 🙂

edadmin
    Keymaster

You only need a few active players that are online constantly for a few weeks to get a guild started, and you could recruit a whole new set of members into the community! Greygoose from SWToR played this actively when it came out, might give him a nudge although I think he is considering starting a Elder Scroll guild up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used to love playing this game but it was just me and Nete from ww and we ended up in a bust up with stargazer and peecee over who should be guild leader cause they wasn’t ever there ( hhhhmmmmm this sounds so familiar)

Anyways we just left. But I think it is an excellent game good crafting and gathering is good, the world is big and lots to find and kill.

I would go back if there was more than 5 or 6 regulars

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh dear! Guild dramas everywhere. Well perhaps we could get a roll call of peeps who would be interested if there were a GW2 branch to start up? I can update the initial post with names so we can clearly see where we might stand. Would be lovely to extend the community with more likeminded folk though! I agree, Noe.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Would like to give this one a go… give me a poke if you’re going to play and I’ll join in… time permitting anyway!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will when I get internet back!

By the way guys, GW2 is 50% off until May 11th. Please please grab it and play with meee. 😀 http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_IE/html/pbPage.buyguildwars2?cid=53:5::::Global:67::

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tempted..very tempted, there was too much enthusiasm towards the game when it was released so stayed clear of it, As that’s always a recipe for disappointment. Now the water has gone under he bridge, I may take a looksie! (All the wow fanboys will have left, spamming in general chat hopefully)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Jaedia wrote:

Please please grab it and play with meee. 😀

I did it…. I brought the game!!! 😯

Anonymous
    Inactive

I might start a fresh if we get a guild going 🙂 I dont like playing that game alone, but maybe I will with some company 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.